Kinetik Tennis Academy started offering a performance coaching service in Johannesburg in 2011. But the history of the Academy goes back further than that.
It all started when Piet Norval, former World Number One Doubles specialist, was looking for a way to give back to the game he loved. The answer was the Stellenbosch-based Kainos Tennis Academy. With this Academy, Norval aimed to produce top-quality junior players that would go on to compete in the ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) and WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) circuits respectively.
The Academy went on to produce over 50 national junior title winners and 20 national championship school teams. Many professionals also trained at the Academy.
The current director of Kinetik Tennis Academy, Jean-Pierre de Lange worked alongside Piet Norval in the Western Cape. During this time, Jean had the opportunity to coach professional players on the ATP and NEC Wheelchair Professional circuits, including:
– Jeff Coetzee: Former Top 8 ATP Doubles Player
– Ruan Roelofse and Nikala Scholtz: Professionals who represented South Africa in the Davis Cup
– KJ Monjane: Current Uniqlo Pro Women’s Top 10 player
– Evans Maripa: Uniqlo Pro Men’s Top 15 player
– Hanno Burger: World Number 8 ranked player in the U14 category
Today, Kinetik Tennis Academy provides private and group coaching sessions to beginners, intermediate players and performance juniors. Lessons are available at one of four venues:
- Fairland Tennis Club
- Linden Tennis Centre
- Olivedale Tennis Club, and
- Fourways at Crawford Perparatory School
The academy also provides lessons to adults and has partnerships with schools in the areas we operate in.
With its roots in junior performance coaching and professional coaching, Kinetik Tennis Academy is training the next generation of tennis champions!